Ramtec's history can be traced back to the 70's when world-renowned Rammer was established in 1978. Over the years, the company changed hands and eventually became part of Sandvik Mining and Construction. The current factory was built in 1996 to manufacture crushers and hydraulic hammer housings. In 2002, the factory was sold to Ramtec by a management buyout arrangement (MBO).
We are proud of our solid background, which provides us with an excellent source of knowledge and experience for building our future.
- 1996 Bretec Oy (part of Detec/Tamrock Group ) founded the specialized factory to make hammer housings and hydraulic attachments.
- 1998 Sandvik acquires Tamrock and Sandvik Mining and Construction is established
- 2002 Sandvik divests the manufacturing operation. Operating managers and private investors acquire the production. Ramtec Oy is established
- 2003 Ramtec Oy acquires the real estate and the land around the factory.
- 2005 Ramtec increases the floor area and adds a new “Mandelli” machining center to FMS
- 2006 Ramtec adds another new “Mandelli” machining center to FMS
- 2006 Ramtec starts to sell first own attachments (Sorting grapples) with “Robi” name
- 2007 separate indoor storage facility for incoming components and finished products was built
- 2010 Ramtec acquires Estonian Harry Metall Oü. Company was already a machined steel structure supplier to Ramtec Oy
- 2011 Ramtec Oy acquires the product rights of Finnish “Hytera” loader attachments
- 2011 New facility for Harry Metall Oü is inaugurated in November
- 2014 Ramtec purchased domestic sales office in Lahti
- 2015 Ramtec Attachment brand is created
- 2016 Ramtec acquires the product rights of Finnish compacting plate line “ Kenguru”